March 20, 2013

Eggless Fruit Cake

It was Monday, and I really wanted to bake.But as I dont eat non veg on Monday I was googling for a recipe of eggless cake.I had some sour grapes lying and I wanted to do away with it too.Hence I ended up with a recipe of eggless fruit cake which I got from here.Ofcourse I had my own twist to it.

Ingredients:
Flour-11/2 cup
Baking Soda-1/4 tsp
Baking Powder-11/4tsp
Salt-1/2tsp
Butter-5tbsp(Iused  butter + veg.Oil)
Sugar-1 cup measured and powdered.
Fruit Cream-1/4 cup.May use any fruit juice.
3/4 cup milk
One orange's pulp mashed
Orange zest-1tbsp
Grapes cut into small chunks-1 cup
Nuts any-1/2 cup

Method
In a bowl sieve all the dry ingredients(1st four) together and set aside. In another bowl beat sugar, and butter until creamy. Add fruit cream,orange zest and orange pulp.Beat well.Now add flour mixture and milk alternatively in three parts,beating well after every addition.Add nuts and grapes into this.Grease a baking pan and transfer the batter into it.Preheat the oven to 160 degress C and  bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.Switch off and leave the pan in the over for another 10 minutes.Then take it out and let it cool for an hour atleast.Now you take the cake out and serve.

Points to Ponder
I used butter paper while baking so that I could take the cake out easily.
Preferably leave the cake overnight to cool.It was really sticky.
This was one cake that I made without much sticking to the rules but came out fine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment