March 1, 2013

Fish Dumplings or momos

Every sunday, we have momos as evening snack.Since its too cheap and widely available in Delhi's streets I never bothered to try it on my own.Yesterday I gave it a try,now I fear my son would ask for it everyday.
This tutorial guided me in wrapping dumplings.

Ingredients

To make dough-
Maida - 11/2 cups
Warm water
Oil-2 tsp.
Salt

Filling
Seer fish(surmai or nei meen)-  5-6 boneless pieces
Onion - 1 small chopped
Ginger chopped- 1 tbsp
Salt
Pepper
Soy sauce-1 tbsp
Vinegar- 1/2 tsp

Sauce
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 tomato
1 tbsp of tomato sauce
salt
pepper

1tsp cornflour
1tsp oil
water-4 tbspns

Method
Make a smooth dough using all the ingredients listed.Cover it with damp cloth and keep it aside for atleast 1/2 and hour.Meanwhile boil the fish with salt and pepper added to it.Shred them finely.Now make the filling by mixing rest of the ingredients with this shredded fish.
Make small balls of the dough and roll them to thin 5-6 inch circles.Fill these and shape them as dumplings.Steam them for 8-10 minutes.

Sauce
 I grinded all ingredients together(except oil,water&cornflour).Then sauted it in oil.Later added cornflour and water and boiled it till it thickened.

Sauce's is my own recipe and my own method.It didnt taste bad though.
I pressure cooked fish.Added a pinch of turmeric as well.Hence my momos are a bit yellowish.

No comments:

Post a Comment