March 4, 2013

CUTTING A PATTERN FOR KAMEEZ/KURTI

Patterns make it easier to sew any dress.Everytime when we sit to sew,we need not go through the pain of taking measurements ,making calculations and then marking them on the cloth piece.So take some pain in making a pattern.

Take a paper as big as possible to cut out a pattern for your kameez.

1.Herez my paper(For convenience of taking snaps I have demonstrated it in a small paper.
2.Fold it in half width wise.
3.Fold again from Left so that the folded side is 4-5 inches more than the quarter of your kameez




4.Mark the Neck width-0.5"(yes it is minus)

 My neck width is 7".So I marked at 3.5-0.5=3".

4.Mark the shoulder.
Mine is 15".So I marked at 7.5+0.5=8"

5.Mark the Back Neck Depth


Mine is 1.5".

6. Draw the back neck.




7.Measure the upper bust point.For this do as shown in figure.(First measure along the vertical line,then along the horizontal line and mark a point there.)
My upper bust length is 7.5". so vertically i measured,7.5+0.5=8".
My upper bust width is 38.So i marked the upper bust point at 9.5+1"=10.5" to right.


8.Then I drew a straight (perpendicular) line from the shoulder point to the upper bust line.




On that vertical line I measured 0.5" from top(this will be our new shoulder point) and 1.75" from bottom.Through this point will our front armhole line passes.

Also,I joined the neck point to the new shoulder point.

 
9.Now time to draw armholes.Front armhole is cut deeper than the back arm hole.Deeper by about 1" at the point  marked.


10.Next mark the bust point just as we marked the upper bust point.
My bust length is 10" and bust width is 38.5" .So vertically I measured 10.5" and then to right I measured
9.6"+1"=10.6".This is the bust point.


11.Now time to mark the waist point.My waist length is 14.5" and waist is 33".
So vertically I measured 15" and then to right I measured 8.2+1"=9.2".This is the waist point.


12.Next we will mark hip point.
My hip length is 22".So I measured down 22"+0.5"=22.5".
My hip is 40".So to right I measured 10+2=12".This is the hip point.




13.Finally we are at the bottom edge of kameez.
My kurti length is 40".So I marked down 42.5".
My flare is 23".So I measured to right 12.5+2.5=15".From this point I measured 1" to top and drew a curved line as shown in figure.

Kameez is almost ready.We now have this.Note that the pattern is cut along the back arm hole.Front arm hole will be cut in the next step.
That is, we have two pieces as shown here.The front piece and the back piece.Now cut the arm hole of the front piece.
We are yet to cut the front neck and the sleeves.
 
 
How to cut the front neck is shown here.
How to cut the sleeves will be depicted soooooooooon.

24 comments:

  1. What is upper bust how do you measure it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Neatly explained.. Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bust width is 10.6' which is more than upper bust width = 10.5" , but your diagram getting narrow down . is it correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Just above the bust.....just below the armhole....

      Delete
  5. Doubts are not being clarified. Pl clarify

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doubts are not being clarified. Pl clarify

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the seam allowance for thr arm hole included??

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post its really looks good to design new suit ajio Coupons | nnnow Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your site well guideline i like your post .Thanks for sharing great post. I really like this post.
    Textilebuzz wholeslae kurtis

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog.
    jabong coupons for kurta

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. Wholesale Kurtis by F3fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've also face such issues with me previous watch but later I got replace with the new one. feel free to check out the The Viral Tech for the more smart watches gadgets reviews
    Smartdot Review

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for information if you interested please visit here best deal for this product
    Vigilator Pro Review
    SpectroSeal Review
    Powervolt Energy Saver Reviews
    iSkin Review

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking for a festive and unique Kurti set? Check out Christinaindia.com! This online store offers a wide variety of kurtis, including the popular Buy Kurti Plazo Set. This set includes a kurti, salwar pants and dupatta. The colors are eye-catching and the style is modern and timeless. Additionally, the set is available in different sizes to fit any body type. So if you're looking for an exciting way to celebrate any special occasion, be sure to check out Christinaindia.com!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article! I found it incredibly informative and well-written. It covers important points that are often overlooked. If you want to dive deeper, check out our related article at [dressbarn online reviews]. It complements this topic perfectly!

    ReplyDelete