March 5, 2013

Aloo Muttor

Usually Aloo Muttor is made with turmeric pwdr,chilliy pwdr,coriander pwdr and jeera pwdr.This time I made it with eastern chicken masala and tasted better.

Ingredients
Aloo-1 medium sized cut into cubes
Fresh Muttor-1/4 cup
Onion-1 small cut into somewhat larger chunks.
Tomato-1 small one, chopped
Ginger-1tbsp(I always add ginger liberally,'cos I love it)
Turmeric pwdr-1/4 tsp
Chilly pwdr-1/4 tsp
Chicken masala-11/2 tsp
Salt
water-1/4 cup or less.
Oil-1tbsp
jeera-1/2 tsp
(This serves only one )

Method
Since I was in a hurry I cooked it in pressure cooker.
Heat the oil,add jeera.Saute onion till it becomes soft.Add ginger and fry for half a minute.Add all the masalas,keeping the flame low.As the raw smell of masala goes, add tomato and stir fry.As tomato becomes soft ,add aloo,muttor and salt.Stir for a minute.Add water and pressure cook.Turn the flame off as the first whistle is about to come.May raise the pressure cooker whistle to release some pressure.I do this so that the vegetables doesnt get over cooked.Its a thick curry.So take care when you add water.


No comments:

Post a Comment